Thread: The intarwebs.
View Single Post
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM       
Wow, OAO learned a new word today! He's so smart, and sexy too! I wish I had his muscles!

I believe that the problem isn't the internet itself, but search engines. People don't read up on academic journals, research papers, and other documents that originate from the world of academia as often. Instead, when people want to research something on the topic of "pompous douchebags", they can just type in "OAO AND other pompus douchebags" into Google and get "JOE BLOW'S SITE ON THE HISTORY OF POMPOUS DOUCHEBAGS" followed by captioned pictures of random people off the street, a link to paypal, and a 2-digit hit counter. This has not necessarily replaced going to the library and reading a 300 page document entitled "The Social and Historical Impacts of Pompous Douchbags" written by George P. Hugs, Ph.D., but it is slowly becoming a trend. The shift away from reading more complex academic texts when doing research impairs the ability to decipher something at that level when necessary.

Now that I've answered the question that you couldn't do on your practice midterm for Sociology 1A, will you go away please?