View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:55 PM       
I am against it, in general and in this particular case, for a few reasons.

It's not stopping future acid attacks occurring; it's reinforcing a culture of cruel violence and revenge amongst the society at the highest level. It's not telling potential acid attackers that they should treat everyone humanely and be accepting of others views; it's telling them that brutal revenge is law. This guy obviously thought the woman deserved her face disfigured for slighting him - and a bucket of acid in her face was his version of justice.

Being blind is not as efficient at stopping this particular gent from doing the same attack again as a life term in prison would be.

I think it about revenge and fulfilling sadistic wishes; the victim has said close enough to it. It's up to her whether he gets the punishment or not (and Human Rights groups, to an extent) so it's not like it's the government dishing out what it thinks is fair, either.

I don't think justice is about fairness, and I don't think it should be... but if it were about fairness, then yes, the guy would have a bucket of acid splashed in his face.

Locking up murderers, rapists, violent attackers etc, it's the best thing to do I think. When you start (or keep) killing them and being violent back to them in kind, it just keeps violence circulating in society at a higher rate than otherwise.

If Tadao is not a mod then why does he say he will lock the thread? If you are going to lock this thread because you can't handle a little arguing and perhaps some big words and more than two sentence paragraphs, then you might as well lock the News/politics board (or just not read it). What the hell else are we supposed to do in here?