View Single Post
Copper is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
I recently read that they are planning to "reboot" the franchise by remaking this movie, which is extremely disappointing to me.
Yet another sign that Hollywood has no original ideas any more...

Quote:
rather than try to ruin something special by diluting the potency of this movie (though they already tried that with the shitty sequels).
But where else can you see Dennis Hopper as a preacher (and I use the term loosely), spouting the immortal line "I now pronounce you a devil and his shorty?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Who View Post
I like this movie, though the sequels mostly suck.

Always wondered by it was Eric that came back from the dead instead of his fiance. She was raped as well as murdered, so doesn't she have an even better reason to seek vengeance? Seemed a little bit sexist that even after she's dead it's her boyfriend's job to take care of business.
I've heard other Crow stories with female leads. Maybe they just figured they'd have a bigger draw with a male one. Either that, or he has the vengeance aspect of not being able to *prevent* her rape/protect her from them. Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that he died the way he did and she died in the hospital. Who knows?

Also, the soundtrack? Whole heartedly agree! There's something about Eric's guitar playing that just sends shivers through me every time I hear that melody. Recently rewatched the movie and discovered that I did not own the soundtrack (though it was a staple among my group when the movie first came out) and was a little dismayed at not being able to find it very easily. I'm going to have to go hunting...