Thread: Civil Wars
View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:21 AM       
All too true. I have an entire family full of racist southerners. Civil wars are always the most brutal, brother on brother, that sort of thing.

But I don't give a damn about my ancestors' woes from Poland or France or Germany or Wales. I don't have a bone to pick with Maximillien Robespierre, dick though he was. Things happened so long ago that they cease to be relevent anymore. Slavery, though not the only cause of the Civil War, was an archaic institution. So much so that it is unbelieveable how people treated each other. But that gets into cultural differences in societies and norms.

Most everyone celebrates the revolution against their respective royalty. I'm more talking about disagreements with the way one's government acts, like the Reign of Terror. It seems as though more people are split that way than when everyone goes ¨DOWN WITH THE KING!¨ The newly formed government still has many followers. If there were more on one side than the other, it would be different. The weaker would end up submitting.

But that isn't so with a civil war because people are poised on the end of a knife. 50-50. That's why I'm convinced that there will soon be a confrontation between the Conservatives and the non-Conservatives.

Oh well. The past teaches us nothing for we are doomed to repeat it.