Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories!

I got it as a Christmas present!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
Good graffix
Framerate drops to about 5 fps whenever Harry approaches doors, likely due to his crippling fear of them; in fact, he will sometimes simply teleport through the door to avoid having to come into contact with it
FUCK quick-time events
Fuck Wiimote quick-time events that aren't fucking responsive
Westerners trying to imitate J-horror, but not doing bad at all
Harry is still retarded
I like that you can open doors slowly and peek out from behind them, although so far the game has divided itself into two modes: Walking around looking for shit, and running the fuck away, with no in-between that would require cautious treatment of doors.
Can't hide from the little goblin bastards very often, so it's less Clock Tower and more that boulder level from Crash Bandicoot
Frantically running away as fast as I can doesn't exactly leave me with a good impression of where the fuck I am, although that's probably the point
How the fuck do I get more health after I get dry-humped a billion times
Protip: Flashlight goes fucking off in the iceworld

So far the Wii controls are fucking horrendous; I've died twice in the first chase thingie because it took me a billion tries to shake the little bastards off the way the game wanted. As a three-year Wiimote flailing veteran I should be used to this sort of shit by now, but I'm really not
For control issues, make very small but firm pushing gestures. If you swing your arms at all the game fucks up.

Volt Ghost: I play Castle Crashers considerably and we are in same time zone so we should play sometime. Twiztid Ant is my gamertag