Thread: HALO3 beta
View Single Post
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:14 PM       
It'd be hard to do though as we'd need a reputable looking site to post it on.

I figure if we had a professional looking site on a domain such as haloinsider.com (which is available), with a bunch of real news stories dated to look like the site has been going for a while it might be possible.

We could have a fake insider scoop long the lines of:

BETA Release Backlash
Sources at Bungie have leaked to us that there may be a severe backlash over the recent user reaction to the delayed HALO 3 Beta.

Though wishing to remain anonymous our source has indicated to this reporter that growing fears for the well being of company employees and threats of legal action may lead to HALO 3 being delayed indefinitely, so as to conduct a thorough risk assessment. Company lawyers are said to be in talks with Microsoft and an official announcement is likely to be made in the next few days.

Our source had the following to say about the situation:

"I'm totally stunned at the community's reaction to the delay - within hours of the realisation that Crackdown users would not be getting the beta at the announced time [our] office began receiving threatening e-mails and telephone calls. We called the police and they agreed to station an officer outside the building. It was a frightening experience and makes me question if I'm in the right industry.
We understand that a lot of people want to get their hands on the game but this was incomprehensible."

---------

To be honest though, it's a lot of effort to go to for prank as easily disprovable.