View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:55 AM        Spoon
If you don't care about the matrix concept don't bother reading this. It isn't going to be about the movie itself.

I'm going to do my best to make this short. It is really hard to put into words the visual aspect of a concept that is only in my brain. However someone in the philo forum said that if you are able to understand something but can't explain it to anyone else it serves no purpose. I do not agree with that, however it gave me another point of view and I always try to take those into consideration when I am working on things. I understand the theory (I think) but I want to work on explaining it to others. Maybe then I can do it with other concepts.

Though the matrix is part of something infinate, it is only a part and has a limited number of possibilities based on the factors used to design it. The grid is simply the form I use to define a section of an endless expanse of energy. There are other forms that can be used, but this one works for me.
The architect builds the framework of the system as I described in the previous post. Initally he built a perfect system a system that was mathmaticaly balanced. A perfectly balanced system is a system with no "movement". With no movement there is no function. Thus it fails. So the architect had to design an imperfect system to assure it didn't stall out and fail.
Space (the earth and all stuff) and time are set first. Every possible moment in the time frame has to move through every possible section of space. This creates the possible when and where for events to occur. At this point every area is a possible location. Next the consciousness is added. In the matrix there are different types of consciousness. The humans. The programs. And the machines. Each is given it's own set of basic perameters. This determines how each consciousness will appear to the others at any event.
These are then set at designated places within the matrix.
Each individual consciousness is set at a particular point in space at the begining of time. Now areas of possible events are limited. Since time moves at a constant rate it will be impossible for any event to take place at certain points.
Here is where it gets tricky. Each consciousness becomes self aware at the begining of the time segment. Time moves at a constant speed through space and as each consciosness makes a choice this eliminates more possible events. Every single choice effects the possibilities of other choices.
Certain programs are able to view the matrix and all movement within it. The oracle is one of them. Time has passed and Morpheus is awake. He makes choices that move him through the grid. Some of his choices are effected by the choices of others. He goes to see the Oracle. The Oracle views the matrix and is able to see where the event of finding the one will happen. Morpheus can still make choices, however the choices available to him will only lead him to this event. She tells him he will find the one. Morpheus has now been given a destiny. Nothing is altered by this as it was the only possible outcome.
At this same time there are still too many possible potentials to determine who Morpheus will find. As it grows closer to the event it becomes clear to that it is Neo.
At the time Neo goes to see the Oracle he is still only a potential. So are others. This is why she tells him he is not the one.

The clone issue is easy to explain. The one is not the same consciousness each time. The one is whatever consciousness present at the time of the event. Who that is is determind by the movements made through the entire matrix. The time and place of the event might not even be the same as those would also be effected by movements.

In this theory there is no real physical world. Only levels of the Matrix. So far we have seen 2 levels. The programs and the sleepers function in one. The unplugged fuction there and in the next level with the machines and those never plugged in.