View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM       
These two aren't exactly cartoons, but they freaked my brother and I out as children:

The first was that BBC production of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" (the ones where the animals were people in giant suits, etc). At the part where the kids find the note saying about Mr. Tumnus being arrested, they have the wolf general voice over reading it. At the end of the note, he says "Long live the Queen!" and then gives a "snarl" like "Rawr!" (picture a human imitating a wolf). Really seemed scary for some reason.

The second was actually a computer game for Playskool of all things. It had this "mix and match" game, where there where people of different occupations (doctor, teacher, etc), and you could mix and match the heads, middles, and legs. If you didn't do anything, the body parts would move on their own. One of the characters was a mad scientist who, if left on his own, would give this "evil scientist laugh". That scared me so much I ran from the computer into another room and my dad had to come find me and figure out what was up.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.