View Single Post
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I jsut don't like the inevitable cheesiness of live action. dmit it it, all live-action video game movies you saw were insanely cheesy.
That is because, to the man, every video game is stupid.

Made by the stupid, sold by the stupid, played by the stupid.

It is a rare exception when a book is improved by it's cinematic offspring. Far more often it's meaning is condensed, subtlety lost, and integrity dicked with. Which then happens again when the game of the movie is produced. It is a clear order of meritable content; written word, moving picture, interactive performance within preset bounds. Comic books or 'Graphic Novels' () flitter up and down the scale but often settle at the very bottom as they are neither book nor film and the only interactivity is rolling it up and rodgering yourself with the colourful pages.

Now, a movie can swim upstream and become a book, much in the same way a video game can become a movie, but a game becoming a book is the sort of infantile nonsense that drives one to snatch such absurdity from the hands of the direly misled fool and to spit upon them profusely... I've become carried away with my own florid prose.

The ease with which we become emotionally invested with each form is closely related with the ease we can identify ourselves within the fiction. As the operator of our video game avatar, we can be easily tricked into relating their existance with our own. In regards to the motion picture I would not put us as so blasé with this century old technology as to not unconsciously at times regard the actions on screen as happening in the room with us. It is with literature that an author must be most cunning to capture our interest, mostly because the jumbled shapes upon a page call us to use our brain, a task I loathe as much as you.

Why will a Halo movie be awful? Because Halo is awful, and as you are someone that likes awful things, I would have to say you are a faggot and like to shuck the penises of men regularly.