View Single Post
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM       
I've been following these acts of piracy since around 2004 when nobody even knew who they were, at one point people were blamming the chinese. I can only recall one death due to piracy and in that incident the guy had a heart attack from all the commotion. For the most part the pirates were non-violent, and they operated under a code of ethics, often claiming that they were only attacking ships that were dumping black water tanks and garbage since there is no coast guard to stop them. "Eco-warriors" they called themselves, but those days are over now that the US is finnaly involved. The crews were ussually held on the ship with food being brought to them and after a certain degree of trust was gained it could turn almost festive with villagers and crew feasting aboard the ship. This isn't always the case and now they want revenge for those three "jerkoffs" killed by Navy snipers. I predict that the attacks will get EXTREMELY violent in the next week or two.