View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM       
Can you actually read a dictionary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
You think so? It seemed to me some of these fuck ups have been rather epic, especially since Katrina. I don't know how he's going to recover from that.
A lot of presidents left office with poor approval, but in retrospect, gained respect and admiration. Harry Truman is often cited as an example of this (and Bush so wants to be compared to Truman).

One historian (forgot his name) has a 20 year rule for presidents. If in 20 years iraq and Afghanistan are democratized, terrorism is defeated, the middle east is peaceful, if if if, then Bush could go down as a great international president.

The fuck ups he has now may only be little blips on the radar compared to the scale of history. Think about all of the presidents you can.....you probably can't think of more than two or three things they did during their administration, right? Why would this president be any different?

Richard Nixon won re-election in one of the biggest presidential landslides in American history. He left office as one of the biggest disgraces ever to serve. Opinions change, and time often eases the partisan flames of the day. That's why I say it's too early. :/