Thread: PROTOCLOWN :(
View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:27 PM       
I just saw the episode myself. I still don't quite know what to think. On one hand, I'm excited to have finally seen it, but far outweighing that is my sadness that this show I have absolutely fallen in love with appears to be over. Along with that are disbelief and hope that it will continue on some other network.

I did notice that the alien (hard to understand though he was) said something about "neutralizing them for capitivity". My theory is that they were contained in that strange bubble and then teleported somewhere. David Kemper is notorious for making things seem TERRIBLY fucked up and then managing to turn things on their end and come out of it. Recall from Season Two when Crichton was turned into a statue that was then shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces.

I was VERY happy to see John and Aeryn's situation get resolved, that was a long time coming. I am annoyed however by the fact that Chiana's (a favorite character of mine) newfound blindness will now go unresolved. There is also the fact that another favorite character of mine, Stark, has finally returned as I have hoped for the longest time...and to know that he WOULD have been around for Season Five if it had happened really sucks.

On one hand I'm kind of annoyed that they didn't even bother to remove the "TO BE CONTINUED" at the very end, but in retrospect, I'm glad they left that, so there can be NO illusions that that was the intended series end, despite what Sci-fi may have people believe. Also, it seems kind of hopeful to me. When I saw that on the screen, I could actually believe that it WILL be continued, somehow, somewhere.