View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM       
Two Worlds 2.

I wanted to like the first one, but there were just too many things wrong. That's why I was glad to see they fixed pretty much all my complaints in the sequel. Mostly I didn't like that monsters leveled up with you, but there were other issues, too.

There's less of the random dungeons, but the flipside is that the ones they have are better designed, rather than just a bunch of clone-stamped dungeons with mediocre loot.

The new upgrade system is nice, too. Instead of slapping together two similar items, you have the option to break down weapons and armor into their components (wood, iron, etc) and use those to upgrade your equipment based on your upgrading skill.

I've been going through the game as an archer. There was some struggling on the very first island, but I eventually realized that that was because there's some monsters that are your level, but there's also a bunch of those same monsters that are 8 levels above you on that same island. Now I'm getting through combat without too much trouble, plugging enemies from afar with slowing poison arrows and leveling them with multiarrow when they get too close. It's not too easy, though, which is nice.

I can honestly say I'm looking forward to my next playthrough. Maybe I'll try to get a handle on the complex magic system.