Thread: Books
View Single Post
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
Quote:
Have you read the whole collection of Sherlock Holmes?
You're kidding, right? I lived and breathed Holmes for about 10 years of my life; the only reason I haven't read a story about him recently is because I've read every single thing done by any author so many times that I have them memorized. Speaking of Holmes and non-Doyle writers: don't pick up anything by Laurie R. King ever, as she's the very epitome of a Mary Sue.

And yes, I have the Dirk Gently books. Pratchett, at least, spoiled me for fantasy: I can't read any of the so-called 'serious' fantasy books now without rolling my eyes a bit. Gaiman didn't help (ooh, I met him once at a book signing). (I have an ex-boyfriend that tried to get me into the most depressing fantasy I've ever read in my entire life--some series written by Robin Hobbe. I about killed myself afterwards). Speaking of british humour, the punctuation book was written by a british woman, and had that perfect mixture of humour and fact... which is probably why I loved it so much.