View Single Post
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
It's quite difficult to make a live action movie similar to the source material many times, but I do take a more liberal stance towards many of the resultant movies. Dudley Do-Right was poor, and I haven't seen Underdog, but Rocky and Bullwinkle was alright, if not very impressive. George of the Jungle was awesome, as I said in the other thread, although I'm not prepared to tolerate the sequel or Cartoon Network's reenvisioning of the old cartoon. With something like Josie and the Pussycats, it was quite unfaithful to the source material, but the source material was dumb, and the movie actually improved on it by making a brilliant satire of the record industry. Scooby Doo actually worked quite well, partially because it was so funny to see actors do such a good immitation of the cartoon, and partially because the humor of the cartoon was based on such things as Abbot and Costello, which was live-action to begin with.

I, for one, would pay to see Jabberjaw adapted. Or maybe not, but it would be amusing.