Thread: So, boxing.
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM       
Wow, I am losing track of what you are trying to say Colonator, you're all over the map. I am not even sure you know what you are trying to say.

Let's begin with this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I don't know how they score MMA but I believe the match is over when one of the fighters is holding the head and spinal cord of his defeated opponent.

This makes me laugh for a few reasons. So when you watched the MMA match where this transpired, was there another match on the card with a centaur fighting a guy with four arms?

You get on MattJack when he says "you obviously don't know MMA". Here's the thing though. Statements like your quote show you obviously don't know MMA. Because a statement like that shows your obvious (apparent to all) ignorance of how MMA works. When you mistake watching someone play the game Mortal Kombat for an MMA match, that makes your lack of knowledge in MMA obvious. When you say, "I don't know how they score MMA" that also makes your lack of knowledge obvious. When you say:

Quote:
I've never seen any of these fighting styles used in the cage....ever.....

You make your lack of MMA knowledge obvious.

If you think there is no jujitsu, traditional US wrestling, or grecko roman in MMA, you are watching something not MMA. Maybe it was an episode of the A Team. Maybe it was a documentary on mollusks. Maybe it was Man vs. Food. Maybe you were at Dave and Busters watching Mortal Kombat and mistook it for UFC 103. Whatever it was, it was clearly not MMA if you saw no jujitsu, traditional US wrestling, or grecko roman. Maybe you watched the Toughman Contest. That is closer to what you think MMA is.

Quote:
I think this whole fantasy that MMA fans are living in is kind of silly to be honest. These fighters DO NOT USE MARTIAL ARTS. All they do is sloppily punch with haymakers, knee, kick thighs, choke, and attempt to break arms.
Your assertion that MMA does not actually use martial arts is laughable at best. If you are so sure of that belief, I recommend you go to your local MMA training facility (most major cities have several) and tell them of your views. I would be interested to hear how that works out for you.

Quote:
I wonder what would happen if an MMA fighter would not walk into the ring? Maybe his career would be over because most of these MMA fighters are completely and utterly replaceable. I.E. No skill involved.

Ask Brock Lesnar when he bowed out of a fight due to illness. Let's see... he's still in MMA, he kept his title, and they rescheduled the fight. That answer that question for you?

I get it, you hate MMA. Fine. Hate it, but don't make up and twist facts about it to suit your anti MMA agenda.

If anything, I am angry at boxing for letting itself be destroyed by its own corruption, arrogance, and lack of organization. If you can't get the best fight in 30 years done, you don't deserve to be a sport. Period. I wouldn't call myself a hardcore MMA fan, but I do respect the participants and acknowledge the skill therein.