View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 07:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Aside from a 1 point loss to an Ole Miss team that thumped Texas Tech, Florida has played the best football nearly all year.
This is all it comes down to for me, WR. They lost, Utah didn't. Why settle for this broken system? I'm not boycotting anything sports related (well, football related at least) but we shouldn't have to settle. The Russian hockey team was supposed to beat the US team in the 84 Olympics. The Patriots were no. 1 in everybody's power rankings all last season; if the NFL had a BCS, the Giants would've been in one of the "dot com" bowl games. The Devil Rays might as well as not even taken the field last season, because there was no way in hell they were going to beat out the Yankees and Red Sox, right?

Football isn't figure skating. What you, me, or any observer (or computer) thinks should be moot at the end of the day. The sportswriters have split the title before in the BCS era, and they were wrong not to do it this year. The BCS is a spit in the face of every athlete, coach, and fan of teams outside their big money conferences.

I take nothing away from Florida or any championship team in the BCS era. Tebow is as great as advertised. He could certainly lead them to a win over Utah, USC, or Texas. So I guess my bitch would be that I'm missing out on watching him do it.