View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 12:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
So you are happy with 3 teams splitting the national championship like Miami, Georgia Tech, and Colorado did in '90? Or how about 5 co-champions like in 1981? Giving out multiple championships doesn't solve anything and is akin to giving gold stars to all the kids in class because everyone is equal and they tried their darndest. At least the BCS makes an attempts to match up the top 2 teams (although not a perfect system). To say that college football was better off without it boggles my mind.
I gotta be honest man, I would prefer that 100% and I didn't mind it when USC got a share a few years back. I think Utah deserves a share this year.

Look, you can't match up the two best teams without direct competition. Rather then pretend like you matched the two best up, why not acknowledge that two or more teams were great? It makes sense. If the coaches and the associated press don't agree, well damnit, one half goes one way, and the other half goes the other way. This year everybody voted for Florida so it makes the system look like it works. It focuses our attention in one direction so we're force fed the idea that Florida would without a doubt beat Utah, Texas, or USC on a neutral field.

But, hey I love me some football, so like I said, I won't be joining any boycotts.