View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM        Taconic car crash
Meet Diane Schuler:
http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...ane+schuler%22

A suburban mother in her mid-thirties, with no previous signs of mental illness, alcohol, or drug abuse, according to her friends and neighbors. An excellent mother, according to them. Never let her kids out of her sight. Quite vigilant in guarding their safety.

Diane Schuler left a campground one afternoon with five kids to drive home. Three nieces and her own two children. Everyone who saw her said she appeared perfectly normal. Nothing amiss.

Subsequently, according to what they can piece together, given the toxicology reports, Diane Schuler not only slugged down the equivalent of ten shots of hard liquor, she also smoked quite a bit of pot.

She drives along. She pulls over. She calls her brother. She tells him that she isn't feeling well. Isn't feeling well. Not, "I'm too blasted to drive." Not, "I'm fucking blind staggering drunk." No. "I'm not feeling well."

He says for her to remain where she is and he will come get her.

Instead of doing this, Diane Schuler tosses her phone aside, gets BACK in the car, and heads the wrong way down the highway, where she promptly slams into an SUV and kills herself, the passengers of the SUV, and all but one of the kids in her car. A total of eight fatalities.

Postmortem shows her to be perfectly healthy, aside from pot and alcohol.

Now boys and girls, what I am I missing here? What's wrong with this picture? What are the missing pieces of the puzzle?

To put it bluntly, what the fuck?

Anyone care to speculate?