View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I don't think you can detect sarcasm.

I do agree with your rant on EA's lack of effort as of late but I won't agree with NFL 2k5 being better than Madden 05. Aside from a few nit-picky issues I have, Madden 08 was a big improvement over 07 (ps3 and 360 versions).
You have to admit, voice inflection, which is impossible to convey in the written word form, is a big part of sarcasm. Without it, it is hard to tell sarcasm and a simple rebuttal apart (In either case I would likely have answered the same way though because it was a valid observation that hardcore football fans are usually unquestionably loyal to the Madden franchise, while I am not.)

I happen to like the 2K franchise though. I preferred it from it's inception since I played it on the Dreamcast. That is a matter of personal taste though I suppose. 2K5 had all the things I required out of a good football game. Franchise mode, player stats, solid gameplay. Madden may have looked a bit more polished in the graphics department, but I preferred the more colorful bright look to the ralistic look of Madden, it is a video game after all, so show me something shiney and pretty