View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 11:20 AM       
"I am not concerned with what people think of me. "

But you are concerned with what people think of your arguments, yes? I'm not asking you to sound smart. I'm asking you to make an effort to present your ideas clearly and well.

"How come these threads are never about the ideas in them that are presented?"

I can only speak for myself, but it's because your presentation is far more amusing than your ideas are interesting. If a twelve foot tall man with a head the size of a medicine ball and two hook hands is drooling all over sokme watches he is trying to sell on a street corner, I'm far more likely spend my attention on him, even if the watches are good. And your watches aren't that good. And I can barely see them under the drool. And I already have a watch. Under the circumstances I'm MUCH too intrigued by your bulbous, drooling head swaying on your gangly neck to even think about your watches. Hell, I haven't even noticed your hook hands yet.

"The issue is that the Republicans are turning their back on our ideals of freedom and justice and concepts such as a 'speedy trial.' "

I agree. Even though since 'republicans' is plural 'back' ought to be too. Personlly I feel any Republican that gives a hoot over any of those concepts really oughtn't to waste their time on the whole 'culture war' crap fest, which is a huge diversion from things that actuallly matter, like Freedom, Justice, the constitution, the bill of rights etc. etc. but that's just me.

Are you happier now I've bought a watch? I'd rather watch your head bob in the wind. It's funnier and slightly endearing.