View Single Post
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM       
I liked it. I think unnecessary is a good way to describe it but I wouldn't say unfunny. It's really funny in small doses but it's purposeful lack of coherence is difficult to tolerate after a certain amount of time.

Last movie I saw was Mamma Mia. Five months ago I never would have predicted that I would prefer Mammia Mia to the new X-Files movie but whaddayaknow. Batman and Wall-e still lead the summer movie pack but gosh, there is something infectious about five year old kids having such fun to ABBA songs.*

Last movie I saw on dvd was Gone Baby Gone, the movie Ben Affleck directed last year. That was also surprisingly good, although not perfect. I'm not a fan of that awful device in movies where the big revelation is told in flashbacks to an earlier part of the movie, but from a different angle that reveals something you didn't notice. It needs to stop. I also object to Morgan Freeman being the go-to guy for wise old black men and am angered more with every movie how, even his villain is the same character as his good guy. Versatility is not that guy's forte.

* I am an ABBA fan by the way.