View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 05:54 PM       
Eh. I fully believe that it's a B-game because I remember a PS2 game by the same guy (Swery65) called Spy Fiction.

It wanted to be Metal Gear Solid so bad. Over-the-top villains, stealth, spy gadgets (including the optic camo suit), it was all in there. The thing was, it did everything MGS did, but really badly. The acting was terrible, the dialog was a joke, the music was mediocre at best, the combat was nightmarish, and then there was stuff that was just weird. I give the guy points for introducing the phrase "garbology", but the weirdest bit was trying to eavesdrop on someone: when you were near someone who had something to say, instead of just hearing them talk, you would hear this strange jabbering. Not like they're mumbling and you can't understand them; it was like they were loudly speaking gibberish. You had to hold down a button to listen to them, but doing so anchored you to one spot, and if you let go of the button or they walked away, the speech would end and you'd have to track them down to do it again.

I'm just not ready to give that guy any more of my money yet.