View Single Post
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 11:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Babs - While I know it's easy to be jaded about it all, there's lots of awesome stuff to be found out there these days... sometimes you just gotta dig around. Independent creators have far better means of getting their work out to the masses than they ever did in the past - but with that, there's obviously gonna be a lot more lackluster material to dig through to get to the good stuff. And while I'll always be a huge fan of the creations I grew up on in my childhood years, I'm constantly finding great shows, movies, music, toys, art, web sites, and more. I'm just not into the work that people clearly put no love into and are just doing it in the hopes of making a quick buck. Keep looking around though, you'll find things you like, I promise.
I agree, there's a lot of talent out there just not out in the view for the public. I don't mind digging for something, it's practically what I do with most of my free time. I just get discouraged that when I go out to go see a movie, that what is out in main movie theaters is just the same boring and godawful shit that is dished out non stop, it's just ate up by the masses. Not only that but any good movie that is showing is in select theaters that I have to drive out of my way to go see (Then again I do live in shitty Columbus, Ohio). Just thoughts like that shitty Jennifer Lawrence movie, "the house at the end of the street" is practically every cliche convention that any cheesy slasher has used, went on to gross 43 million dollars where as a great movie such as The Master only grossed 16 million (one of the films the was only being shot at select theaters where I live). I'm probably more or less just caught of in caring about what others like and take it personally, but I just find it disheartening to see how most of the good quality stuff out there doesn't get to reap the rewards like all that other trite stuff out there does.