View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 08:11 PM       
"The documents indicated that Iraq tried to by uranium from Niger.. ."

I was never a big fan of the Washington Post reporting wise, but I had more faith in its Editors than to miss blatant typoes.

Being a Pro-War representative, I'll simply say, the proposed rationales for this war (take your pick) have all pretty much been baseless. As far as altruism goes, the United States has never done anything which did not benefit itself in some way.

However, the war is still necessary. The Middle East has been a region of turmoil for the last few thousand years, and rather than coming closer to civilized behaviour with the advances in social reform and technological breakthroughs, they have drifted even further away than they were. I hate the arrogance of the statement, but I can't see any other way to bring about peace or change save through outsife interference. With Western friendly gov'ts put in place, perhaps with a little time, we'll have as great as success as we did with So Korea.

Now, having said that, I believe the fraudulent papers should be examined ruthlessly, and if they can be traced to the Bush administration in origin (giving Powell the benefit of the doubt) I say hand Dubya for treason against the United States of America.