View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 06:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
So I for one won't be piling on Ocho Cinco. I really believe we aren't getting all the story, and I don't trust the Bengals in this at all. Some info is clearly missing in this.
No argument from me. The "Source" in Philly (Sports Talk Radio WIP) has been spouting rumors for the past few months that Chad Johnson was being actively pursued (behind closed doors, naturally) by the Eagles, and the response from most of the fans (including me) has been positive.

(Note that the quality of said rumors being spread by individuals with names such as "Damaging Doug" and "Arson Arnie" may not be entirely accurate (read "totally fabricated") but in my opinion, it makes for entertaining radio during drive-time.)

Considering our relatively recent experience with Terrell Owens, you might think the rank and file would be hesitant to embrace a wide receiver with a bit of a "history" but I think the prevailing opinion is that he is more serious about being a football TEAM member, and less of a sideshow act. And no one who moves in football cicles would gainsay the fact that the Eagles need an upgrade at the position. Kevin Curtis is serviceable, and Reggie Brown is adequate, but they could use a game-breaker - CJ fits this requirement nicely.

Anyway, I always look forward to draft day. Plenty of strange things are usually happening right around this time, amd maybe this is when CJ gets moved.
You may already be there.