View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM       
What I hate about cell phones is how these days everyone wants one that can text and play music and download/identify songs and download video clips and tell you what's playing at which movie theater and plays video games and gives you internet service. IT'S A FRICKING PHONE! You use it to CALL PEOPLE! I can't believe a person's sooooo desperate to figure out when "Marley and Me" is playing that they can't go home and check the newspaper.

I got a cell phone a few days before I started college. Why? Because I had a late class and my parents wanted me to call them when it was over so they'd know I was heading home. That's it. I use it to call my family. So over the course of the semester, I've used it for about two minutes a week, plus the odd Thursdays (for Japanese Club meetings).

So my point is, to me a cell phone is a basic thing. You type in a number, you wait while it rings, you talk when it's picked up, you hang up. It's basically a home phone that's portable.

Sorry about the rant. That just kind of gets at me.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.