View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2012, 02:21 PM       
Escape from Butcher Bay. I was all expecting Thief with guns and shit, but really, this is just a shooter where you can turn the lights out and hide; sometimes there are boring shitty hub worlds full of lame sidequests to do when the game feels like it doesn't want to be played for a while, too. I do love the atmosphere in this game though, Butcher Bay looks and feels like a totally legit fucking hardass prison ought to.

Also playing Street Fighter 3 a shitload. I like Makoto, hate Ken and Akuma, and have a strict policy of disconnecting whenever someone decides to be a fucking ass and pick Yun. Also, for everyone talking up Chun Li as the best character in the game, I've never seen anyone using her even once online. I know it can't be an honor thing because the people who play this game are smug fucking sacks of shit. I've never seen players stuck so far up their own asses as the ones in this game. Example: http://www.gamespot.com/street-fight...nk-0-60474860/ A completely innocent question thread devolves into trolling and youtube comment style dick-waving in literally four posts just because one guy felt the conversation had a dire shortage of smacktards.

This must be something that just inevitably happens with fighting games, MK9 and Skullgirls had people like this too. In Skullgirls they'd make unranked rooms marked as "Practice" or "Beginner," i.e. the lowest difficulty settings, then immediately bust out 50-hit combos on the first poor newbie schlub who wandered in trying to find someone to train with; there are only about five people who still play this game because of shit like that. People with thousands of matches under their belts will hang out in noob lobbies in MK9 and spam challenges at people, or hold King of the Hill matches where they sit in the champ seat beating the shit out of everyone in turn. Thankfully, unlike Skullgirls, that game's matchmaking system wasn't designed by a retarded bonobo and actually lets you see their win/loss ratio before a fight starts, so you can tell them to get fucked if they come knocking.

The only possible reason to fight people who are thousands of matches worth of experience beneath you is being a complete fucking cunt; I don't see how you could gain anything from one-sided squash matches other than the ability to say "I was an enormous prick to someone today," so I guess that's what they're after. Basically people who play fighting games are Kefka, without the charm.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Aug 9th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.