View Single Post
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
I don't even understand how "terrorists will be destroyed" is disturbing especially taken into context that it was said after two people blow themselves up on a subway!
1.Focusing on military intervention is counterproductive when dealing with terrorism.
2.It demonstrates that there is no wiliness to compromise ensuring the continuing escalation of violence perpetrated by both sides.
Quote:
Unless you believe that one person's terrorist is anothers freedom fighter but I think its fair to say people who blow themselves up on subways to kill civilians are not legitmate freedom fighters.
The idea that there is a difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is illogical as they are both the same thing: non-state actors who use violence or the threat of violence against noncombatants to coerce individuals or governments into adopting change.
Quote:
I know the russian government isn't innocent in all of this but I'll never understand how anyone can side with people(no matter how bad their plight is or how much they have been taken advantage of by other groups) whose main form of resistance is to kill civilians .
In the United States many members of the Sons of Liberty are revered, such as Paul Revere, John Hancock, John Adams, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams. The Sons of Liberty destroyed property, attacked, maimed and killed British soldiers and individuals deemed to be collaborators with the British.

Quote:
I find it hard to understand that you wouldn't want your govt to try to prevent these people from commiting these types of crimes.
Because they are going to cause an escalation in violence by not allowing alternatives for Chechen terrorists other than fighting.

Quote:
And how is this even being compared to afghanstan? this is in what is internationally recognized as russia terroritory.
“Foreign” occupation resulting in suicide attacks in the occupying states.
Quote:
I mean it sucks these people have been displaced and oppressed for so long but blowing up civilians and committing other acts of what most would call terrorism is a pretty good way to get most of the world to not be on your side.
The only other option for Chechens who oppose the Russian occupation is to do nothing.