View Single Post
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 10:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
The Leader: I'm not writing a case study. I'm debating people I have never met on an internet message board called Imockery. In my opinion Time is a fairly credible source when it comes to current events and I assume they vetted their sources but maybe I'm wrong and they made up those experts and the entire story but I really don't care enough to do a work cited page at the end of my message board term paper for you.
I never disputed your sources, nor the story. Nor did I ask you for a works cited page. I was only responding to the fact that you think I just pull "facts" out of my ass even though I probably have to look at studies written by researchers. Not just little bits and pieces quoted in news articles but the actual studies.

Quote:
I also love how some people ignore the facts about the black widow bombers that disprove some of your earlier arguments about them(or terrorists in general) being people seeking legitimate revenge against a state oppressor and not simply brainwashed pawns being manipulated for the most part by violent thugs. I at least can be open to the fact that I'm not 100 percent right and try to see things from an opposing viewpoint.
The rational behind individual terrorism and the rational of a group, meaning why they do what they do, what their goals are etc, differ greatly. I think me and coolie have largely been discussing it from the group perspective. In discussing the Chechens we have not discussed individual's motivations which can be, as you write, due to manipulation but it can also be monetary gain, to get respect from a community that idolizes martyrs, it could be because of some personal problem, etc.

The groups as a whole, however, are motivated by what they feel is right. In this case they want to be seperate from Russia and they have gotten to the point where they are willing to pick up women, strap bombs on them and blow up innocent people. They believe that will help them in their exploits. I don't think anyone here ever seriously argued with you on this, and I believe that I tried to explain this earlier, but maybe I just called you a tool. I don't know.

Quote:
"The majority of terrorist attacks that occur in the United States currently are carried out by anti-abortion groups." This is also very inaccurate. unabomer, tim mcveigh, anthrax mailings, irs plane crash, 9/11 would beg to differ. not to mention all the eco terrorism our country currently experiences. I'd probaly guess that eco terrorism is the majority in terms of amount of incidents. how many times are abortion doctors killed or clinics bombed? not nearly as frequently as acts of eco terrorism. their are dozens of incidents every year of eco terrorism in california alone. they even fire bomb scientists cars in extreme cases and cause a large amount of property damage to companies all over in their more routine activities.
I get those two mixed up a lot for some reason. Anti-abortion accounts for the second largest amount, though.

Also comparing five separate incidents, having four different ideologies driving them, as showing that anti-abortion attacks account for a majority doesn't make sense.