View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM       
saturnknight, actually, there is supposedly a Marvel Zombies movie being planned... let's hope they don't fuck it up.

incognit000, yeah I'm alllll about the slow moving zombies. Zombie that run, jump, crawl on walls or perform any other absurd stunts just don't work for me. That's one good thing about Romero though, he hates running zombies too and sticks with the slow, foot-dragging zombies that we've all grown to love.

Marthaeus Autolykos, I dunno man, I think you're trying to apply too much logic and reasoning to movies which, by definition, require you to suspend your disbelief and just have some stupid fun. As for killing zombies, I always understood them to be functioning on the lowest level - ie: just enough brain activity to make them move and desire to feed like an animal. And that's why you gotta shoot 'em in the head... you kill the brain, you kill the desire to feed. I do agree to some extent about the virus thing though... I always loved the classic depiction of zombies coming from voodoo, such as the Haitian zombies. The Serpent and the Rainbow handled this subject extremely well, and I recommend it to everybody.