View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 02:11 AM       
So, it's been a few days, and I'm honestly kinda impressed with some of the WiiU's functions. Like...it has a twitter/message board type system where people can just draw and write shit for total strangers to read and reply to. And you can "follow" and "like" stuff just like on the real internet It's all heavily moderated, but I managed to draw a picture of Link's face as he's orgasming to the LttP music in NintendoLand and it hasn't been taken down yet. Now I have a bunch of 13 year olds following me so they can see more stupid drawings

Also, NintendoLand is legitimately good, because unlike WiiSports they decided to actually build games and not say "just flail your arms and pretend you're boxing". Some of them are kinda meh (Ninja Stars) but the Metroid game is fucking sweet, and the Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion games are really fun when everyone's drunk (and when everyone's sober). A lot of the games are real hard too. Only complaint is that it's probably only worth half of what Nintendo's selling it for, but most people are getting it for free with the Deluxe bundle. Also, it needs leaderboards.

New Mario U is also surprisingly good. Kinda bland looking but the levels get really hard. This one looks like it's more designed for single player though because it's not as open and empty like the Wii one.

I think this is the least amount of times Nintendo hardware has made me smack my head since the Super Nintendo, to be perfectly honest. It just needs more original software and not just ports.