View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM       
I believe they are going back to skills instead of everything being based on mods. Also, the mods will obviously be different, considering they aren't nanotech anymore, since this is a prequel. You'll actually be playing as a mech, which could be interesting, considering they were almost obsolete by the time the events of the first game occurred. It'll be interesting to see how they tie the events of this game with the events of the first.

Also, preorder exclusive mission includes different weapons and also a cameo from a character from the first game which will help expand on the mythos of the world the developers have created. I'll reserve final judgment, obviously, until I play the game, but I do believe this one has a LOT of promise. However, I will agree that, by the same token, it can also be a monumental failure, but I think the odds are in favor of it being good. The developers have acknowledged that IW was sub-par, and they listened to the fans of the first to find out where they went wrong.