Thread: Final Fantasy 4
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Once the party is formed proper, Vaan really doesn't say a damn thing; it's about Ashe and Basch. At that point, he really stops being annoying and just becomes a perspective for the player. And there are waaaaaaay more retarded FF characters.

As for FF12 being political, I'm totally for it. Matsuno specializes in that (FFT, Tactics Ogre), and quite frankly the "ragtag group of teens fight a wizard who wants to be a god and send us up the bomb" is overplayed and pretty juvenile once you're no longer 13 and listening to Linkin Park. In FF12, if the good guys lose, everything pretty much stays the way it is (a world post-bad-guys-winning). And the political influence lends to some pretty great characters like Larsa and and Cid. Even Balthier had a history with the Judges.

Lastly, Zodiac International changed the license board. It's generally considered the superior version if you have the means to emulate/burn it.

I just wish Vaan wouldnīt dress like...like whatever heīs dressed like. Boy-Hooker? I donīt know. 12 wouldīve been REALLY good, had they stuck with the original Basch-MC-Idea (I knew that, I just try to supress that sad knowledge).

Concerning the political plot...I donīt mind them, fuck, one of the best fantasy stories there is is mainly about politics (Ice and Fire) but in FF I want to see some classic World-saver-story or at least something more meaty than the story of 12 as far as Iīve seen it. There wasnīt enough magic in the world thatīs how Iīd describe it.

And the Zodiac edition...I think FF13 killed that series for me for a while at least...donīt really feel like importing that thing...

Ah well, letīs just wait and see what happens with Versus cause Iīm pretty sure 13-2 will be the same shit 13 was...horrible game.