View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 01:44 AM       
My friends have it on their sub-$1000 laptops and they say it runs very well. Hardcore gaming isn't really Vista's forte on laptops. But, if you aren't transcoding high definition video, I wouldn't think it'd matter. I couldn't care less over which, (XP or Vista). They both have their plusses. Vista molds to what you do and pre-caches some of the more frequently used files and applications. The biggest problem I see is hard drive usage. I think a minimum installation can go upwards of 10 gigs (?). By the way, Vista Ultimate is 64-bit instead of the 32-bit, so it uses memory smarter. That's the best way I can describe it. It goes faster, is what I am trying to say.

The cheaper one does look like your best bet. It's odd. I don't buy laptops seriously anymore, though, so don't take it from me. If I had a similar budget, I'd get this:

Amazon.com: Sony Vaio VGN-UX380N

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VGN-UX380...7700923&sr=8-1

I'm freakin' weird like that, though.