View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM       
But look how you're applying your righteousness. "You know, muslims are obviously wrong because they don't share my philosophy". They are just going by what has been bred into their culture for MANY MANY years-- just like you are when you accuse them of wrong. Unlike us, they haven't had the 300 years or whatever of democratic development under the guise of equality. So what, they are a little 'behind'. Quit judging them because our culture is more evolved. I wonder if there's a word for that kind of discrimination ;(
You can't sit there and say someone's wrong because they don't share your philosophy then call it Righteous; that's just hypocritical. They are going by THEIR values that THEY feel are righteous. I'm not saying I believe it's right or anything, I'm just saying their civilization is behind just like ours was 300 years ago when we still adhered to the core christian values. What had to happen for us to change? Alot.
Solutions to problems like this are few and generally take a while to develop any substantial effect, they also often result in civil wars or other strifes. I'm not sure if forcing it would work either-- in fact it probably wouldn't.
ANTHROPOLOOOOGY....
i wouldn't be surprised if many of the people who live there secretely wish they had our lives, though. That might be one of the reasons why they often migrate. Who knows, maybe our influence could reach far enough to begin a change there, but with all the assholes our country manages to produce I wouldn't be surprised if we failed miserably in that attempt.
I'd like to hear your suggestions to how to fix culturization problems, though.