View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 03:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also, on Chojin's indirect reccomendation, I downloaded all three Marathons today.

Infinity has some mega claustrophobic level design. Also, it's really really dark, and I think this is the game where Bungie introduced their TIME HONORED TRADITION of every room in every level looking exactly the same.

1 isn't nearly as bad with crap like that, but I stopped playing it when I couldn't find my way around the service corridors in the first level, which were again ridiculously tight.

That said, 2 is fucking godlike. I highly reccomend it to all of you!

http://source.bungie.org/get/
Your synopsis is absolutely correct - Marathon 1 was pretty boring, bleak, and revolved around SOLVING PUZZLES, Infinity was WAY too cramped for any first-person shooter, and Marathon 2 is a shitload of fun with awesome story :<

I remember M2 and MI having really fun multiplayer, but it's been years since I've played it :<