Thread: Walrus ghost
View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 05:35 PM       
First of all I once loved a robot and she loved me back, there's nothing you can say that tells me that robots can have emotion

I really wanted the robot to be suprised because a robot is something that can interpert everything, so when It sees something inexplicable like a walrus ghost I wanted it to be shocked. Part of the meaning I was trying to attach to this peice was that not everything can be defined by numbers, physics, and words. That's why I wanted the robot to look suprised, but I have to explain it and you can't just understand it from the picture so I failed in that sense

I didn't want to put a background behind the walrus because I wanted the foreground of the figures be bold and defined as opposed to the very fuzzy background. I didn't want the walrus to be intergrated into the background, because than the dimensions of the drawing would be more confusing than they already are.

I agree the tail is bumpy and not flowing and I'm not going to say I did that on purpose. I have huge problems with consistancy in my drawings that I really need to work on. Light souce is another one thorn in my side. I just didn't know were I wanted my light coming from and how to shade it, so in the end I just kinda picke random spots and kept working it till I thought it might look good.