View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
The funny thing is, your country was the first that pussied out earlier and decided to declare itself under "high-alert," right now your government has it's embassies under lock down, extra security added to it's airports, police taking "precautions", and sent out official warnings to all citizens urging them not to travel internationally and to avoid public places -- despite the fact that you guys are your own continent, are on the other side of the planet, and have had absolutely nothing to do with anything, you still feel the need to jump in and become self-proclaimed targets. Like what, the big bad al qaeda terrorists are going to come after you because you're white?

I think your government is a giant attention-whore, and the fact that it felt it was appropriate to issue such warning tells me that your country is likely full of delusional drama queens. You are right though, despite the hysteria, you are quite safe, (I mean really, you're not even important enough to be attacked)

Tell your country to go back to worrying about it's bugs.
Elx you have mistaken me for someone who cares what their government looks like to the international community; they are idiots and crooks in worse ways than this. Being overly cautious is hardly much fodder for scathing political satire, to be honest.

For the record, several terrorist attacks have been aimed at Australians over the past decade, even with most occurring in neighboring countries. I'd say that a large Australian city would be a better target for Jemaah Islamiyah than, say, an American one.