View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
Despite the review and despite the obvious hokey factor of the movie, I still want to see it for two reasons: Ron Perlman and nostalgia. Not for a video game but for a miniatures game. Wayback in my college days, in the 90's, I remember playing a Warhammer-esque spin-off game called, yup, Mutant Chronicles. What reminded me of it was Bauhaus. Your character was from one of the Houses (or corporations) and as such got a particular trait. You'd have a mission you needed to run through and accomplish all the while avoiding mutants, traps, and occasionally the other players. Not so big on the survival horror that this seems to lend itself too, but I'll give it a shot from the Red Box for a buck.
I understand what you mean, but I'm afraid you'll still be disappointed. The movie was shot on a slim budget, and because of the new setting, none of the familiar characters from the source material look anything like they normally would, nor are there any of the cool weapons and such. Worse yet, there's only one kind of mutant: a zombie-looking guy with a big tusk where his right arm should be, and some big stitches going up his face. Also, the actual corporations are only mentioned in passing.

But I suppose a buck is about what it's worth to see what I'm talking about firsthand.