View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
if you're some kinda fag with something to prove

my first console had one button and a flight stick, yet i don't get all gay for retro controllers. follow my example, deutschbag.
Rather creative use of my nationality, Iīll give you that. Still, "Normal" Controllers arenīt retro, they are the tried and true way of playing Videogames. Apart from railshooters and the odd game that uses a pointer, thereīs no reason to replace them with Kinect or Move or Wii-waggling yet. Why? Because itīs not an improvement. Controller-design seems to have peaked with the 360-controller though that thing is still far from perfect, itīs about the best controller we have right now in terms of usability and haptics.

Just so that weīre clear, I do own a Wii and I play with the Wiimote if the game wonīt let me play it with the CC, BUT in most cases the Wiimote is a gimmick and not the optimal way to control most games, apart from some that are specifically tailored towards the Wiimote. Most games arenīt. Even Mario Galaxy (which is an awesome game btw) could be played more effectively with the CC and Nintendo knew that. Which is why they implemented the star-shooting feature.