View Single Post
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 06:14 PM       
Battle Royale is a little too mainstream these days to really be considered something "different."

some of my current favorites:

Gozu - hard to describe, really. it's about two yakuza who go into a town where nothing is really right. the movie involves a lactating landlord, a halfbreed mancow, crossdressing waiters, a yakuza who might or might not be dead, the strangest sex scene I've ever witnessed, and some other crazy shit.

Electric Dragon 80,000V - done by the same guy who did Tetsuo, but a little more bearable. a black and white cyberpunk type movie about a pet detective electricity fetishist whose body has been charged with 80,000 volts battling with Thunderbolt Buddha who, as a kid, was charged with 20,000,000 volts and has had half of his body encased in metal. great flick.

Tetsuo the Iron Man - I'm sure you've either seen this movie or already heard of it. it's almost as good as Electric Dragon. a little too much art mixed in with the horror, but still a pretty rocking movie.

The Last Starfighter - makes you feel good about the 80s.

The House on Haunted Hill - the one with Vincent Price.

Casshern - the plot is so convoluted that I could hardly begin to tell you what it's about, but it's probably the most aesthetically pleasing movie I've ever seen.

Wild Zero - Guitar Wolf is an insanely loud and insanely crappy Japanese band. they also make a very entertaining movie. Aliens invade the Earth and cause the dead to return to life. people get eaten, genders get bent, zombies die, a very ROCK movie.