View Single Post
possible jerk

Magreaux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM       
I had high hopes for that Cthulhu movie considering the awesomeness of the cover and my love of early cinematic horror, but they didn't really nail the 1920's feeling at all. It is black & white and it is silent, i'll give them that, but I think these people didn't actually watch any of those old movies before filming. It seemed like they thought that they could pull off the early cinema look by just not trying. There's a scene where the same four or five people are very obviously greenscreened and duplicated to form a group of cannibals, and it looks so godawful that you have to wonder if they did it on purpose for comedic effect. It couldn't have been that hard to find 30 people and dress them up like cannibals. I hate to be so critical since it's a small endevour but I just can't honestly recommend this movie, especially not to people who actually watch early horror films.

ANYHOW this is the comics & books forum so it's time to get back on track. I'm trying to finish At the Mountains of Madness but i'll be damned if I can read more than a short story by this guy. After thirty pages, i'm winded. Has anyone here read through this entire book? Or The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath?