View Single Post
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
"Shooting someone is sick already, but doing...anything else to the corpse is outright evil". Sounds stupid, but that´s the reason behind it.

The people behind those censorings as well as the people who lead the "killergame"-debate as it is actually called can´t see the difference between a human being and pixels that form the illusion of a human being on a screen. To them, it´s almost the same thing.
More than once, FPS-Games were called murder-simulations and other nonesense. Someone actually tried to convince the public that playing Counterstrike can turn you into a deadly marksman because...well, you were practicing under SUCH realistic circumstances and blah blah blah..

I think you can see where this is headed. I´ve killed millions of beings on the screen but does that help me aim a real gun or teach me how to handle the recoil? No, because I´ve never fired or held a real gun AND I´m fucking afraid of guns in general
I never got why people don't understand this point. Just because people think it's fun to blow up a car in a VIDEOGAME does not make them psychotic, emotionless monsters. Bad parenting makes people psychotic, emotionless monsters.

I've shot a gun and been shot at and I don't think those people played many videogames. Unless Atari and Colecovision leads to psychotic episodes in which people think random pedestrians are all trying to steal their drugs or something. I love how politicians and the media demonize anything that they do not understand unless it's an iPod or something. They go insane for fucking Apple.

I just looked at the German version of The Darkness and I think it could be more damaging to children. If you shoot something and it doesn't react and just falls over, doesn't that create a sort of immoral void where your actions in the videogame have no repercussion? If they don't scream or bleed, it just makes it seem like they are even more soulless dummies. I dunno. Food for thought I guess. Maybe they should ban guns? That would keep kids from getting them.