Thread: A life wasted
View Single Post

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Is what true? That speaking out against the war is viewed as unpatriotic? That's certainly how the current administration tries to paint it. Or are you asking if it's true that people are speaking out?
I would have thought there would certainly be enough anti-war sentiment that no one would have to hide it. I do know that there are plenty of people who want to paint it one way, but it is at about fifty/fifty in the nation, if I am not mistaken (?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Dying for your country is civilization? Perhaps. If civilization is merely agreeing with another human not to kill each one another in order that you might both work toward killing a third party.

But I prefer to think that the goal of civilization is something other than military build-up.

You military, Kultur?
Yes. I did join out of such convictions I have.

And yes, there is more than military build up - naturally, the arts and literatures of a nation and the culture of its' people are more important than guns and ammunition, but to deny the honor of the military in its' service of the peopl would be a wrong philosophy.