View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM       
Sometimes, I also talk to people via instant messaging.

Seth: I haven't seen The Ring, but I get the general idea: people see weird video and get a warning that they will die soon, prophesy comes true
Seth: the thing is, that movie was released just early enough
Seth: that they didn't have to have a character put it on YouTube and thus turn it into a Doomsday scenario movie

Eh.

Seth: it's weird having social networks now
Important Person: hah
Important Person: why?
Important Person: because people are ridiculous like they were in middle school?
Seth: because even if you're not in touch through them, you see that people from your ancient past still exist
Seth: for the most part
Important Person: yeaaah
Important Person: that is weird
Seth: and when you realize that someone from your ancient past ISN'T visible like that
Seth: you just assume they stopped existing
Important Person: hah
Important Person: yeah
Seth: things were so much simpler in the middle ages. you knew how your fellow serfs were doing because none of you were allowed to leave the fiefdom, and at some point you'd attend their funerals and they, yours.
Important Person: haha
Important Person: so true
Seth: it's not like someone would disappear and you'd have to ask, "where'd Isodore go?" and have someone tell you "oh, the Tartars got him"
Seth: 'cuz really, if the Tartars come to get someone, they'd probably get you too

(My interlocutor is presented in pseudonym to protect her* from the kinds of people who frequent this message board.)

*I know what you're wondering. Yes, we have made out, but she lives far, far away now so this shouldn't detain any of you ladies from pursuing me.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT