View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
What ending did you get?

Most of 2 is really bad game-wise. The Hotel, Hospital, and part of the Prison are the only parts where it feels like it's trying.

Every time I play a Silent Hill again I generally like it better than I did last time, 2's not really an exception. Get all 6 endings!
What really got on my nerves was, that nothing ever happened. True, we played it with easy combat because we wanted to concentrate on the story but still, 90% of the time the game makes you run around empty buildings with WAY too many doors to find some parts for some puzzle that doesnīt make sense in the first place, even less than a Resident Evil-Puzzle

The main gripe for me though is, that the game has essentially nothing to do with Silent Hill, the town itself doesnīt play any important part in the game, it just happens to take place there and the other world that the cult created, with the whole messiah-thing isnīt important at all anymore (okay, thatīs why they made 3 I guess)

The ending we got was the "Leave" Ending but we watched the other 3 (there are four apparently) on Youtube, none of them was very satisfying.

Spoilers!

those were all the endings we saw.

What Iīm trying to say is:

I never played through SH2 before but I heard about the twist, canīt avoid reading a spoiler for a ten-year-old game I guess. But still, after we finished, I just thought: "Thatīs it? THAT is the epic masterpiece the people praise to this day? Are you kidding me?"