View Single Post
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
The main gripe for me though is, that the game has essentially nothing to do with Silent Hill, the town itself doesn´t play any important part in the game, it just happens to take place there and the other world that the cult created, with the whole messiah-thing isn´t important at all anymore (okay, that´s why they made 3 I guess)
The town is the game, you think if James got an imaginary letter from Kearney, New Jersey he'd still be fighting mannequin monsters. They give you some interesting Silent Hill history in SH2 but they never explain the nature of Silent Hill in any of the games. That bit you said about the cult creating the other world is bullshit, those fags can't even create one good blasphemous devil-god.

Silent Hill 2 is my favorite Silent Hill because the story is the most mature one in the series. James Sunderland was in a real bad situation with his wife that could happen to anyone. No psychic god-children or satantic cults or crazy serial killers which makes me feel less silly analyzing it in great detail. Like, James' Silent Hill is not all bloody with mutilated bodies everywhere like Heather's, it's empty and decrepit. Even his dark Silent Hill is just more decrepit buildings. James vision of hell is nothing but the ugly world around him.

Dog spelled backwards is god. It's all coming together now.