View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
The town is the game, you think if James got an imaginary letter from Kearney, New Jersey he'd still be fighting mannequin monsters. They give you some interesting Silent Hill history in SH2 but they never explain the nature of Silent Hill in any of the games. That bit you said about the cult creating the other world is bullshit, those fags can't even create one good blasphemous devil-god.

Silent Hill 2 is my favorite Silent Hill because the story is the most mature one in the series. James Sunderland was in a real bad situation with his wife that could happen to anyone. No psychic god-children or satantic cults or crazy serial killers which makes me feel less silly analyzing it in great detail. Like, James' Silent Hill is not all bloody with mutilated bodies everywhere like Heather's, it's empty and decrepit. Even his dark Silent Hill is just more decrepit buildings. James vision of hell is nothing but the ugly world around him.

Dog spelled backwards is god. It's all coming together now.
As far as I remember, they explain it all pretty well in Silent Hill 1, parts of it in 3 too.

Part 2 is just the one SH that doesnīt have anything to do with Silent Hill itself, even 4 has more to do with it and that one isnīt even a real Silent Hill Game

But thatīs not the point. My point is, that for me, SH2 was really boring. I didnīt like the story, I really thought there was something great coming along the way, as People around the net made me believe all those years.
But there wasnīt. James killed his wife for one reason or another, thatīs really all there is to it.
Sure, there are some monsters he might imagine, maybe he imagines the other four human beings as well, maybe not.
But none of that gets any spotlight in the game, apart from the Maria-aspect, which in the end didnīt make any sense either. Eddy is not important, Angela is not important though I thought she was, the annoying girl is mostly just that, annoying and has one rather stupid thing to add to the whole story... (correct me if Iīm wrong though, itīs not like I donīt WANT to get the story, I just get the impression that there is nothing to get).

Wow, Iīm really ranting on the game. That was never my intention actually but the more I think about the Story, the less I like it, itīs just so...so...meaningless compared to the other Silent Hill games, maybe thatīs why so many people liked it, because itīs just about some insignificant lad and his insignificant deeds that have no impact on anyone but himself. Itīs simple and bland.

Oh, and Pyramid-Head? I actually thought he was supposed to be a key-figure in the game or the story. But again: Nope, he has no meaning at all, just another enemy. First thereīs one and you think "oh, he must be important". Then thereīs three in the end, one vanishes and the other ones kill themselves and give you two eggs that for some reason open a door.

Maybe Iīm just really lazy, but does any of that have ANY meaning at all? Is it supposed to be symbolic? Are the P-Heads supposed to be a figment or rather an aspect of Jamesī mind in all of this? And even if so, there is NO evidence for that at all in the game, which makes me rather sad.

Anyway, this is long enough as it is. Itīs not my intention to bash the game so much but I just canīt help it, sorry about that .