View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
No. I didn't argue anything ;/ Actually what I said was smething like, "I a gree, but then you could ask w hat would be worse for the family" and then I went on to mention that there is a difference between divorced families and families without two parents. All in the same paragraph. It's on this page, scroll up and read.
Quote:
smething like, "I a gree, but then you could ask w hat would be worse for the family"
I'm not scrolling up and reading anything for fear that I may shit my brains out through my eyeballs from your typing.

Quote:
I said about racial marriages was an obvious joke that idiots like yo u and dimnos couldn't pick up on and continued to argue over because you knew you couldn't counter any of the other arguments.
Now you tell me it was a joke and not some crazy attempt at an argument. How am I supposed to tell when you're serious or not?

Quote:
and I'm sure if I thought about it a while I could figure out why they are different. I could probably just point out that they are different institutions which serve different purposes, and that education isn't as much of an umbrella institution as marriage.. Or I could point out that there wasn't any long-term effect on school attendance (even though I'm sure there was one at some point). Or that there was still a lot of segregation. Or that black people aren't fucking white people with books. I don't know.
I don't know either. That's why I asked you.

Quote:
At least I have the gumption and intelligence to argue something I've never argued before or even read arguments about.
I certainly agree with the last part of that sentence.

Quote:
Nobody here would argue against gay marriage.
Then what were you trying to do during this entire thread?

Quote:
I don't have to believe in my counter-arguments for them to be relevant criticisms.
No, but you certainly have to be consistent, and you aren't.

Quote:
and actually I did state my views (or a view anyway) on this issue a couple of times and you ignored them like a jackass because it wasn't something you could throw your stock arguments out at.
How was I supposed to realize what your real views were next to all that bullshit about race?

Quote:
You are adopting a view just as much as I am.
It is my view, my dear. So sue me if it sounds cliched.